R S A Plaques
We clean &
restore RSA Plaques
How we restore Brass Plaques
- We start by cleaning the entire concrete site including the brass Plaque etc.
- Next using a fine wet & dry sand paper the bronze Plaque lettering and borders are carefully sanded to bring out the bronze colour.
- The next step is to paint the Plaque background 2 coats of a dark colour (usually black). Leave to dry for 24 hours.
- The lettering and surrounds are sand papered again to a "like a brand new look"
- The final step is to apply a clear lacquer finish spray that is suitable for copper, bronze and similar alloys.
Several coats are applied allowing each coat to dry between coats.
- This procedure is the one recommended by the RSA in the Restoration Guide.
Some types of RSA memorials